Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. In 2016, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 243rd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Gas Piper Installer is a technical crew member with NGA/DOT OQ Gas Pipeline qualifications and is experienced in the use of all types of fusion equipment and pipefitting procedures. This crew member is an integral part of the Gas Distribution Crew.
Department: Energy Division
Reports To: Foreman/Superintendent
• Must understand and comply with all Company and clients safety policies and procedures, having a safety first attitude in all that we do.
• Clean and or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards related to fusion work zones.
• Assist crew with various hand excavation, ditches or trenches using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes
• Pipe threading by using a threading machine or hand threader.
• Fit, assemble, thread, fuse and install various types, sizes, and schedules of metal, steel and polyethylene pipe and pipefittings as necessary to complete installation.
• Record all materials used in pipefitting and pipeline installation reporting the information to the Foremen.
• Join piping by means of threaded, fusion, coupling or other means as approved by customer. Secure pipes to structure with clamps, brackets and hangers.
• Inspect and test piping system for leaks.
• Complete equipment reports on fusion related equipment as required.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of the procedures to use the tools and equipment safely and properly
• Organize and maintain tool trucks, boxes, and trailers in a neat and orderly fashion
• 1-3 years of job related experience in gas distribution piping.
• Must be able to follow verbal instructions
• Maintain good health status and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
• Must be able to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions
• OSHA 10 certified
• OQ Certification in plastic fusion for Gas pipelines.
• OQ Certifications for pipefitting and covered tasks associated with Natural Gas replacement work.
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with strong interpersonal and verbal skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
Please see HR for information on the physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
75 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.