Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Assistant Controller will provide support to the Corporate Controller.
Reports to: Controller
Status: Full Time/Salary
• Participate in the monthly closing process including preparation of work-in-process monthly reporting templates, analysis of certain expense/accrual accounts and preparation of portions of the consolidation reporting package and external financial statements at year-end
• Preparation and analysis of certain monthly project level and joint venture financial statements
• Analysis of financial information to help evaluate past and future financial performance via analysis of variances of current to prior periods, budgets and forecasts
• Analysis of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow activity
• Communicate with all levels of management to gather, analyze and summarize financial information
• Participate in process/systems enhancements
• Work with the external auditors in the completion of the year-end audit
• Assist CFO with due diligence efforts for evaluation of all potential acquisitions
• Assist Corporate Controller with certain tax compliance efforts including personal property, sales, fuel and corporate level excise taxes
• Participate in certain special projects related including financial research and modeling involving equipment management and ERP system implementation
• Construction or related industry experience preferred (particularly WIP schedules on longer-term projects)
• Minimum 6 years of finance or accounting experience
• Public/private accounting experience preferred
• BS in Accounting, CPA/MBA a plus
• Strong understanding of financial accounting principles including strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB Accounting Standards Codifications
• Basic understanding of federal and state corporate income/sales tax principles
• Proficiency with all information systems including Microsoft office tools (high degree of Excel expertise), general ledger and consolidation processes (Vista f/k/a Viewpoint), Sage depreciation and financial report writers, including GSS (Global Spreadsheet Server) and Crystal Reports
• Above average verbal and written communications skills
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding and lean environment providing quick and accurate results with the ability to multi-task
• Dedicated hands-on self-starter with attention to details
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
39 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.