Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Plans, supervises and coordinates track construction, inspection, maintenance and repair activities.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Plans, monitors and coordinates construction/maintenance activities ensuring safe, cost effective, and high quality performance.
• Manages and implements inspection schedules, preventive maintenance and repair programs for track systems and equipment to ensure their safe and efficient operation.
• Assists in the initiation and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures associated with track and structures maintenance and inspection.
• Evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of track inspection and maintenance crews, including adherence to work plans and budgets, performance, quality and safety, to ensure that project objectives are achieved.
• Investigates and diagnoses track failures, difficult maintenance problems, and critical safety issues, and renders corrective actions in a timely manner.
• Recommends improvement in work methods and techniques to correct maintenance deficiencies.
• Assigns, directs, and supervises work performed by track workers in accordance with work plans and established priorities.
• Makes recommendations regarding the establishment of policies and procedures for programs affecting safety and operational effectiveness.
• Enforces company policy and local, state and federally mandated regulations.
• Conducts safety audits and safety meetings.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Ensures safe and economical use of labor, materials, and equipment.
• Provides technical support to track workers.
• Prepares and presents verbal and written reports and recommendations to project team.
• Trains and supervises staff.
A minimum of 5 years of track construction, maintenance and repair.
• Knowledge of the methods and procedures required to carry out large scale track maintenance, structures maintenance, and to monitor system-wide inspections.
• Knowledge of rail rules, regulations, and procedures and regulatory agency guidelines.
• Ability to diagnose and correct difficult construction, maintenance and safety problems.
• Ability to evaluate and recommend new procedures to upgrade and refine existing programs.
• Experience supervising staff and the ability to clearly communicate instructions to staff.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Works outdoors at construction sites.
• Works around moving machines, vehicles, and equipment.
• Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches while negotiating work areas under construction.
• May lift/carry and push/pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• May climb poles, ladders and large structures.
• Occasionally works at heights of 20 feet or more above the ground.
• May occasionally work in confined spaces.
• Exposed to harsh weather conditions including extremely hot and extremely cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
40 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.