Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 19344
Local company in need of 3rd shift welder/fabricators for temp to hire assignment. This is a good long term opportunity with a great company!
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
A Welder/Fitter is required to cut and burn in relation to the fabrication process, fabricate, weld, and straighten all types of materials used in the company's fabrication and welding operation with little or no supervisory assistance in the shop.
• Knowledge of welding principals and methods including FCAW, GMAW, and GTAW
• Skill in operation of welding methods above
• Ability to read tape measure to 1/64"
• Ability to follow oral and written directions
• Experience with grinders, torches, plasma cutters, overhead cranes, and forklifts
• Welding with multiple processes in multiple positions as required
• Experience performing x-ray quality welds
• Familiar with weld map documentation
• Understand proper use of weld gauge
• Read and follow weld procedures, QC plans, and other work instruction documents
• Setup and adjustment of welding machines and plasma torches
• Proficiency with manual and semi-automatic execution of weld processes
• Experience welding ASME Code pressure vessels
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and AWS weld symbols
• Layout and fitting as directed by drawing or process sheet
• Create fixtures to hold part while being welded
• Perform basic NDE procedures (LPT and VT)
• Understand tolerances and the importance of maintaining them
• 5+ years welding/fitting experience
• Must be able to complete and pass a physical assessment
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation
• Every day repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement, involving gripping and wrist torquing
• Every day standing, walking, bending, crouching, and stooping
• Everyday lifting 25 to 50 lbs
• Exposure to moving machinery, dust, dirt, grease, or other disagreeable elements
• Must have ability to hear emergency communications and alarms
•Paid Vacation & Holidays
•Steady work with OT
143 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.