Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23606
Pipefitters needed for new construction aircraft carrier work in Newport News, VA. This is a long term opportunity.
Three (3) or more years as a marine, commercial nuclear, or petro/chem First Class Pipefitter.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
1. Able to read and interpret piping drawings.
2. Experienced fitting carbon steel, CRES, and copper nickel piping.
3. Ability to end prep piping by hand and/or with Wach or Portsmouth Machine.
4. Knowledge in installing pipe hangers.
5. Ability to read a ruler using inches and tenths.
6. Ability to prep and fit-up backing rings.
7. Ability to clean cut/break pipe with a grinder.
8. Ability to hand prep V bevels.
9. Experience in fabrication of various details and assemblies from drawings.
10. Ability to bend pipe from template and in the use of a hand bender.
11. Ability to fit welded sockets.
12. Ability to fit brazed joints with/without insert ring.
Must be able to work all shifts. Must have reliable transportation.
Must be a US Citizen. Must be able to pass a background check and hair follicle drug test.
Resumes are required for consideration.
This position offers:
* Long Term work opportunity
* Overtime on an as needed basis
* Per Diem for qualified candidates (permanent residence must be over 75 miles outside of shipyard)
* Total compensation (hour plus per diem)- up to $43.00 /hr TOTAL
* Health Insurance
* Vacation Bonus
* Holiday Bonus
126 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.