Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 30084
​Williams Industrial Services Group,LLC (Construction engineering company)
Parent is Global Power Equipment Group
Controller - SEC exp desired
Responsible for directing the organization's accounting functions for a publicly traded company. Oversees all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts. Formulates, implements, and administers internal methods/procedures to safeguard the assets of the company and to properly reflect the financial results.
* Responsible for the financial and accounting operations as well as the reporting policies and practices for the corporation.
* Ensure the timely and accurate filing of all SEC documents.
* Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
* Ability to provide accounting ‘white papers’ regarding technical issues as they arise
* Analyzes financial results and provides management with an understanding of the company's financial performance and the financial effect of business plans and strategies.
* Appraises operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operating policies, trends and increased profit opportunities for the company.
* Ensure the establishment of long range operational group goals, objectives, plans, and strategies for maximum support and contribution to the attainment of total corporate objectives.
* Directs preparation of reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings.
* Oversees the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements.
* Determines depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
* Ensure employees throughout the corporation are adhering to the Code of Conduct in all matters regarding the organization.
* CPA required
* Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
* Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
* Knowledgeable of all applicable
* Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conducts self in polite and professional manner.
* Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
* Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to type on a keyboard and operate a PC.
* Ability to converse over a telephone.
* Ability to transport materials or equipment or lifting, moving, carrying objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
* Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment.
Yes. Directly supervises and managerial employees who are responsible for the daily operation of the Business Units’ and Corporate office accounting operations
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or the equivalent
* 15+ years experience with 5 years in a supervisory role
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
87 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.