Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Civil Site Superintendent - Kansas City, MO
Contract 9 months
Based out of Kansas City, MO travel to sites as needed.
Must be eligible to work in the US - Citizen or Greencard
Description:The Civil Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the assigned project(s) in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. Plans, organizes, and supervises specific portions of construction work for an assigned area of a large construction project. Responsible for the construction scheduling of the civil related activities of the subcontractors to confirm the completion of contractual construction activities. Maintains continuity of job progress and maximizes efficiencies related to the assigned area.
• Responsible for the oversight of the following project work activities: Earth work, site grading, flatwork (asphalt and concrete), surveying and site layout, concrete installation, deep foundations, drilled piers, underground piping, grounding, and ductbanks.
• Responsible for overall supervision of construction effort, which includes: productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, material management, safety and quality, scheduling, engineering, and contractual performance of the project.
• Responsible for ensuring contractual subcontractor compliance on designated civil construction related activities.
• Build effective client and subcontractor relationships. Interface with client representatives, A/E representatives, and other contractors.
• Collaborate with project management to develop and implement project procedures, working documents, and standards.
• Authorize purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc., under supervision of Construction Manager and Project Manager.
• Responsible for overall project safety. Reviews and audits site specific safety documentation, including Pre-Task Analysis (PTAs) and Task Safety Observations (TSOs) on a regular basis.
• Complete daily field reports and take daily pictures to document construction progress.
• Assess future work activities and identify any concerns with work plans by utilizing subcontractors 3-week look ahead report.
• Develop a marked-up and as-built set of drawings to produce the record set documents, and answer RFIs with assistance from Assistant Project Manager or Field Engineer.
• Read, interpret, and understand site layout, structural, foundation and underground drawings.
• Direct and manage subcontractor as necessary to comply with the established project schedule, and track and verify subprogress on an installed quantity and work hour basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 7 years construction management experience or craft supervision experience on similar projects.
• Experience must include quality control for civil projects.
• Must have excellent communication skills, strong leadership skills, and a strong safety background.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
• Must be able to meet company's driving requirements.
1 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.