Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 32824
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Plant Operator is responsible for the daily production of all asphalt materials.
Reports To: Plant Super/ Plant Foreman
Status: Full Time
· Understand and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures.
· Conduct a daily safety walk around making sure the plant is in safe working condition before using.
· Check all liquid inventories daily and fill out the proper paper work reports before operating the plant
· Ensure the HMA is made to its specifications
· Coordinate and schedule delivery of all material needed in daily operation and production for all types of HMA
· Responsible for proper material inventory: Ex. Liquid Asphalt, fuel, Aggregate and rap, plus additives as needed
· Responsible for plant maintenance and upkeep, making sure the plant is well maintained
· Ensure trucks are loaded in a timely fashion
· Make sure the silos have the proper material and amount of material in them so the trucks load out in a timely fashion
· Keep work area clean and free of debris
· Ensure the plant is running at its maximum efficiency and if it is not, communicate this to the plant manager
· Ensure the plant is “ready to run” for the next shift
· Check with Paving Super/ Paving Foreman Verify mix type and tonnage before making or shipping
· Talk to the paving superintendent/Foreman to make sure paving crew is ready for shipping
· Contact the plant manager/operation manager of Paving, Dispatch and crew/crews. If for any reason we are having plant problems or having shipping issues
· Check all storage tanks, levels at the start of each shift, make sure we have the materials needed to produce mix
· Check hot oil heater temperatures stack and settings and monitor throughout the day
· Inspection of tank farm (containment area) for leaks and or spills
· Check A/C temperature all A/C tanks make sure temperatures are set and heated at correct temperature per A/C delivery tickets monitor throughout the day
· Check stock pile area for contamination of materials; also look for segregation and degradation of each stock pile
· Talk with all plant employees about the schedule, jobs mixes and tonnages
· Talk with all employees about tank inventories and deliveries needed so we have the materials needed, to supply the mixes we need for the day
· Input Job information: Example (Job # Mix# truck# Silo# Location where we are shipping)
· Run A/C pump to heat up all lines
· Walk and fill out the maintenance check list report daily
· Know the Middlesex 105 Best Production Practice List
· Keep plant area clean
· Make sure all paper work is correct before the end of your shift
· Perform all daily, weekly and monthly check list
· Additional duties as assigned by the Plant Manager/ Plant Superintendent/Foreman
· Keep the control tower clean
· Must not be afraid of heights
· Good communication skills are a must
· Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
· Team player and with good interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
· Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
· Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· Dedicated and hard working
· Strong leadership qualities
· Above average organizational skills
· Needs the skill of active listening. This means giving full attention to what other employees are saying and taking time to understand the points being made, asking question and making sure all parties understand one and another
· Must have the skill of time management. This includes managing all plant employees and other on our site
· Must have the skill of interaction with others
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
24 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.