Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Temp to Direct
This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site. This position is not available for visa sponsorship
The first construction assignment is just Nor of Mobile, AL.(Bucks Al)
Education: Union Apprenticeship Program Completed
• 3+ years experience as Superintendent or 3 years on similar projects in supervisory role or equivalent
• OSHA Training and Qualification 40 Hour required
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Superintendent Mandatory Requirements for reporting Safety, Cost, Quality and Schedule training and qualification preferred.Construction Management Contract Administration training and qualification preferred.Cost, Back charges and Schedule training
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
• 5+ years' experience on large power plant construction projects
• Safety, Cost, Quality and Schedule training and qualification
• Construction Management Contract Administration training and qualification
• Cost, Back charges and Schedule training and qualification
• Industrial Relations training
• Knowledge of union agreements and jurisdictional issues
• Knowledge of Company construction guides and manuals.
• Knowledge of Welding Processes and Procedures
• Knowledge of ASME Codes and Piping Standards
• Construction Safety awareness and comprehension.
• Knowledge of Cultural and Social Awareness Skills
• Conflict Management Skills
• Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Project Management Skills
• Communication Skills
• Constructability Knowledge within discipline
• Construction Knowledge within other disciplines
• Conceptual Planning Ability
• Legal Contract understanding ( EPC / Subcontracts )
• Leadership Ability
• Human Relations Skills
• Risk Assessment/Management
• Time Reporting Systems
• Cost Code Labor Productivity Systems
• Time Reporting Policies and Procedures
• Expense Reporting Policies and Procedures
• Construction Guides and Standards
• Administrative Policies and Procedures
• Computer Skills
Additional Comments (FOR AGENCIES):
- Union background
- Completed union apprenticeship
- Majority of project experience is working on union projects leading direct hire craft (vs. subcontractors)
- Experience with large power projects
- Hydro experience is a plus
- Experience working with work packaging
Superintendents are responsible for ensuring that the daily project execution is in line with the National and Project Labor Union Agreements; are responsible for understanding all Local Union agreements for the project along with establishing a working relationship with the Local Union Business Agent and the Site Job Steward. These lead professionals are responsible for ensuring uninterrupted workflow, have the ability and expertise to stand in for the construction manager during absence from site if requested, have the ability to comprehend overall project schedule with regards to requirements of other disciplines or subcontractors requirements, and will also have the responsibility for safety and quality requirements on site. Our Superintendents have the ability and responsibility to mentor and train other discipline superintendents, are capable of recommending training and development needs for the trainees, and can be designated as Lead Discipline Superintendents responsible for duties as assigned.
- Per Diem: $98.67/day non-taxed
- Will cover mileage and meals to mobilize
- 3 mo. to 6 mo. contract to hire- we want to hire these positions as FT regular employees
- We have competitive benefits, an employee owned co., performance bonus, company truck (or stipend)
151 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.