Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Lake Charles
Country: United States
Combo Pipe Welder
Pay: $36 to $38
Per diem:$75 to $96
Duration up to 12 months
Must pass 4-5 pipe test
Call Mario Chacon
Use hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
• Weld Secure components together applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
• Select appropriate equipment and plan the layout and assembly of a welding process.
• Apply knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
• Bolt, clamp and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
• Prepare material for welding by cutting or grinding using pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder.
• Set material in stands, racks, hoists, etc. for welding.
• Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment
• Repair products by dismantling, straightening and reshaping.
• Reassemble parts using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
• Reads and understands plans, isometrics, arrangement drawings, details, specifications, erection manuals, and/or blueprints and makes decisions based on measurable criteria.
• Visualizes objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
• Work within precise limits and ANSI and ASME standards of accuracy.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the metalskills Craft Handbook and in compliment with the Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Five (5) years trade experience in trade preferred
• Must be proficient in welding (tig, mig, flux and sub-arc, etc.), and know all properties of various types of metal and how heat affects them.
• Ability to identify the requirements for various pipe welding tests and to produce X-ray quality welds that meet each requirement.
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
• Stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Work at heights
For immedate consideration:
Metalskills is an Equal Opportunity Employer
663 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.