Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Lake Charles
Country: United States
Telecom Site Manager
12 months contract
Lake Charles, LA
• Work scheduled? typically- -5 d/wk.; 10 hr./dy.
• Expected overtime? Rarely and only spot OT. Work schedule above and may be 45 hours/week
• Frequency of trips home? 1/month
Client has the responsibility of installing a site wide telecom system, public address-general announcement (PAGA) system, close circuit TV (CCTV) system, vehicle access system, intruder detection system and radio communication system. These are across an entire industrial site and involve installing all field devices, control panels both in field and electric control centers, field terminations and commissioning of all systems. The site manager will be responsible for coordination of 3-4 of client’s sub-contractors as well as coordinating all work activities with our client, the EPC Contractor. The candidate shall have or be able to secure a TWIC Card, pass two (2) safety courses and have a clean drug screen where the results have to be certified by his employer to our client. His driving record must support he/she driving an client’s company vehicle to/from the field office.
This is not clean room work or control room work. It is installing up to 1,000 field devices in a 2 mile long by ˝ mile wide industrial plant. It involves field construction at various elevations up to 90 feet above grade. Work experience in that environment is key. Experience in being able to commission and start-up these units OR being able to coordinate these activities is key also)
Site Manager - Job Description
Basic Function: Independently manage site sub-contractors and/or the site construction team with responsibility for site safety, quality, and scope of work changes, schedule, contract compliance and customer satisfaction for multi-discipline industrial projects. Support project managers and construction manager in scope development, constructability, and safety and quality requirements. Provide overall site Client leadership to support the execution of field work by interfacing with the Project Manager, EPCs, other site contractors and end customers.
Typical duties/responsibilities for project management may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan and manage construction phase of projects ensuring safety for all personnel, plant and property. Conduct safety assessments and inspections of the work site, adhering to safety and environment policies and procedures. Conduct job safety analysis for the work, using forward looking leading indicators, ensuring that construction team observes safe behaviors and unsafe work conditions are mitigated.
• Ensure that all site works are carried out in accordance with the contract documents including specifications, drawings and other reference materials. Perform constructability reviews with the project design team to improve the construction labor efficiency. Interface with customers, other contractors and suppliers to coordinate the work.
61 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.