Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Iron Worker Journeyman
Raises, places and connects girders, columns and other structural steel members to form completed structures or structure frameworks, working as a member of a crew.
• Sets up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel members.
• Using chains, cables or ropes, fastens steel member to hoist.
• Signals the workers operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel member.
• Guides members using a tag line in order to guide it into position.
• Pulls pushes or pries steel member into approximate position while hoisting device supports member.
• Forces member into final position using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks and hand tools.
• Aligns holes in member with corresponding holes in previously placed member by drifting drift-pins or handle of wrench through holes.
• Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members using plumb bob and level.
• Bolts aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
• Cuts and welds steel members to make alterations using oxygen/acetylene – welding equipment.
• Conducts demolition by cutting, burning and/or removing existing structural steel members or pipe vessels.
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Works under immediate supervision.
• Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
• Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• Work within precise limits to standards of accuracy.
• Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
• Plan work and select proper tools.
• Compare and see differences in size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
• Picture solid objects from drawings or diagrams.
• Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
Pay: $29-$30/ $96 per diem.
Duration of job: 12 plus months.
Hours; 50 plus hours
For immediate consideration:
Call recruiter at 832-672-6923
or send resume to Mario.firstname.lastname@example.org
Work starts on January 8, 2018.
372 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.