Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 70737
Job Title: Warehouse Worker
Location: Brahma Group Inc- Gonzales, LA.
APPLICANTS: Please include a resume detailing warehouse experience and any licenses or certifications you may have.
Brahma Group Inc. is a dynamic industrial general contractor that offers full service mechanical maintenance. We provide mechanical maintenance for customers in the copper, power, refining and steel and aluminum industries for customers to increase their overall effectiveness and efficiency. We have projects locally and nationwide. Our goal is to build long-term relationships that focus on being valued as business partners and differentiating our service through genuine concern about project outcomes.
As a warehouse worker you will operate under the supervision of team leaders. You will be primarily responsible for receiving, sorting, inventory, record keeping and organizing. Operation of automated equipment such as forklifts, conveyor belts, rail cars and high stacker experience is a plus.
Position Type and Pay Information:
This is a full-time permanent day- shift position. Overtime, weekends, and on - call work may be required as job duties demand. We will be paying $16-$18 per hour, depending on experience.
• Receiving Goods – Receiving goods delivered to the warehouse for storage.
• Unloading the merchandise from trucks and ensuring it matches with the delivery documents.
• Operating Equipment – Operation of automated equipment that is required to move heavy cargo.
• Sorting Merchandise – Storing a wide range of products to facilitate record keeping and filling of orders when the time comes to ship the merchandise to end users.
• Taking Inventory – Counting and recording the number of stock items. Ensuring the warehouse manager and merchandise owner are updated on the availability of stock.
• Preparing Documentation – Preparing storage receipts are necessary for proving compliance with the law. Maintaining records of damage to stock and disposal of defective goods.
• Storing Merchandise – Tag, mark or label stock items to implement the best method and location for storage in warehouse depending on the nature of the good. Storing the goods in accordance to the designated system of storage.
• Filling Orders – Retrieving items for dispatch from different storage locations. Verifying items are in good condition before being shipped to the customer. Preparing the items for shipping through boxing, wrapping or labeling and delivering them to the shipper.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• TWIC and Class A CDL
• Warehouse Experience (2+ years preferred)
• Previous forklift experience is a plus
• Safety Minded Individual
100 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.