Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Temp to Direct
CERTIFIED RIG WELDER JOB DESCRIPTION (Oil & Gas)
Applicant must possess the skills to work safely in an industrial plant environment. All welding functions applicable to the oil & gas production and midstream industry including but not limited to; cutting, beveling, welding, preparation, clean up & repairs, field takeoff and measurement:
1. Attend work on the schedule established by the employer and without excessive absenteeism.
2. Follow all safe work practices and abide by company and site-specific safety policies.
3. Assemble and install metal pipes and pipe fittings for stainless and carbon steel projects.
4. Remove slag and rough spots from weld by operating grinders or scrapers to ensure smooth working surface.
5. Use clamps, brackets, and hangers to secure pipes to structures
6. Employ their knowledge of metallurgy to determine materials and equipment most suitable for a welding project
7. Clean and prepare workpieces using chemical solutions etc. to remove foreign matter such as grease, rust etc.
8. Use heating furnaces and weed burners to preheat metal pipes prior to welding or bending
9. Cut and shape metal components to set specifications using power saws, chipping knives or other hand tools
10. Fill holes, cracks, and dents on metal workpieces or pipe products
11. Use micrometers, calipers and other precision measuring instruments to check gap allowances, grooves or angles
12. Have basic knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
13. Assemble metal and non-metal pipes and pipe fitting using threading machine
14. Study schematics, diagrams, and blueprints in order to determine the layout of pipes
15. Measure and fabricate pipe routings to match existing in-line piping systems
16. Control and turn valves or regulators to adjust flames and ensure proper use of welding gas
17. Wear appropriate protective gear and ensure compliance with established health/safety regulations
18. Troubleshoot a piping system and conduct diagnosis to identify and fix pipe problems
19. Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and joins edges of work piece.
20. Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead.
21. Weld in flat and vertical planes (all position welding).
22. Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
23. Fabricate new or replacement parts for company equipment.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
1. Must own a suitable rig truck with welding machine. A complete rig setup is required including all hoses, torches, tips, beveling machine, clamps, rollout wheels, etc.
2. Working knowledge of ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 and API 1104.
3. Ability to passes 100% x-ray site requirements.
4. Downhill welding technique preferred.
5. Previous welding experience in oil field in and around live process and high-pressure systems.
6. Low hydrogen stick procedures mostly.
7. Ability to TIG weld carbon and alloys.
8. 5 + years of industrial construction/Oilfield construction/Pipeline construction preferred!
9. Current/valid driver’s license
10. Ability to work safely with others to achieve job goals
11. Self-motivated employee that can take direction and follow daily job duties
12. Read blue prints, ISO drawings, and P&IDs
13. Education: High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) Preferred
14. Experience –5+ years' welding experience preferred, 3 Year oilfield experience at a minimum. Must pass the prescribed weld test.
15. Must have a working knowledge of various welding codes, specifications, techniques and methods.
195 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.