Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 97212
Harder Mechanical, founded in 1934, is one of the oldest continuously operating mechanical construction companies in the United States. We are recognized as a leader in high-Tech, industrial construction, successfully managing projects throughout the United States. Other Industries effectively served are Power Generation, Manufacturing, Microelectronics, Petrochemical, Biopharmaceutical, Food and Beverage, Pulp and Paper. We have been consistently ranked among the top 100 subcontractors by Engineering News Record.
Our safety team has an immediate openings for Construction Site Safety and Health Professionals in our Portland, Oregon, locations. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a professional work environment.
Serves as the on-site safety and health professional responsible for application of construction standards and regulations, provides support in incident prevention to include, inspecting job site, equipment, onsite training, investigating and authoring incident reports, and providing information on safety standards and work techniques. Serves as the on-site Competent Person who performs frequent and regular inspections of the job site, materials, and equipment.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Surveys the jobsite and provides advice and guidance to site superintendents and site employees engaged in a full range of construction activities including but not limited to confined space, hazardous energy control, fall protection and scaffolding.
• Investigates all incidents to determine origin, root cause, and contributing factors and assists in the preparation of written evaluation reports concerning findings.
• Carries out safety education activities, promoting safety awareness, conducting daily and weekly Toolbox Talks; providing site specific training courses
• Consults with technical specialists and program managers about changes in work processes and proposed methods to eliminate unnecessary risks and control hazardous conditions.
• Provides employees and managers the training necessary to recognize hazards and perform their jobs safely and effectively.
• Develops Activity (Job) Hazard Analysis's for all new major work processes or those processes that have the highest injury/illness rates.
• Conducts Personal Protective Equipment assessments as needed.
• Recommends appropriate measures and methods to correct safety deficiencies noted; Investigates hazardous conditions, practices, equipment, etc., to identify and analyze the nature and severity of hazards and the possible remedial actions (elimination, correction, or protection).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• 2+ years' experience
• OSHA 30 Certification
• Extensive knowledge OSHA laws and regulations
• May be required to pass security clearance investigation and applicable substance testing requirements.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft word, excel, outlook, and power point
The work involves frequent standing, walking, climbing, crouching, and stretching in the performance of inspection and survey duties and occasional lifting of moderately heavy objects. Will generally work in a field office environment, and be performing construction site walkthrough and audits on a daily basis. Personnel Protective Equipment is required at construction sites. Field conditions may vary from exposure to outside elements to indoor construction sites. Work could include high noise environments, high traffic locations, and sites requiring fall protection, over water, steep slopes, or uneven ground.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply in confidence, include a cover letter, resume, and daytime phone number. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
83 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.