Electrical Engineer IV (318734)
Posted by: BHI Energy <firstname.lastname@example.org> on March 15, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 49201
Duration (-/+) 9 months
Location -Jackson, MI
- Project engineering and design for site electrical power, lighting, pressure and temperature instruments, HVAC, electrical valve actuators and SCADA equipment.
- Product/process research
- Field technical support during construction
- Specification drafting and review
The M&R EI&C Engineer has many responsibilities. The engineer frequently coordinates with other internal departments including; Operations, Supply Chain, Project Management, Project Controls, Customer Account Managers, Customer Deliverability, Meter Technology Center, Warehousing, Gas Control and many others.
Coordination and communication with multiple internal and external groups and / or service providers is a must. Examples of this work may include replacement of a specific component at a regulator station or City Gate, or may be as complex as a rebuild of an entire regulation facility.
Skills: Knowledge and Experience with the following is required:
- Electrical System Design/Installation for Hazardous Locations/Oil and Gas Facilities in compliance with the National Electrical Code/NFPA 70
- Design/interpretation of AC and DC electrical Schematics
- Digital pressure and temperature instrumentation specification and application
- Analog/4-20mA signals
- SCADA/PLC equipment design and applications
- Solid state and electrometrical relays for control applications
- Design/troubleshooting MODBUS serial communication networks
- Electrical valve actuators and solenoid valves
- Electrical Construction practices
- Preparation of bid packages/request for proposal (RFP) documentation and evaluation of construction contractor proposals.
Candidate must be able to use competent and professional written and verbal communication with project stakeholders including mechanical engineering, information technology, project and construction managers, and construction contractors.
Practical work experience as an electrician, equipment technician or other related construction labor is desirable.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program is preferred. Alternative degrees (e.g. Mechanical, Chemical, etc.) will be considered with relevant experience.
Professional Engineer license is desirable.
Knowledge of the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is desirable.
Skills and Experience:
• Electrical System Design/Installation for Hazardous Locations/Oil and Gas Facilities in compliance with the National Electrical Code/NFPA 70
SCADA system design and applications
Pressure and temperature instrumentation specification and application
• Design/interpretation of AC and DC electrical schematics
• Preparation of bid packages/request for proposal (RFP) documentation and evaluation of construction contractor proposals
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM DESIGN
EXCELLENT WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS HVAC INSTRUMENTATION LIGHTING MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL ENGINEER PROJECT ENGINEER PROPOSALS SCADA SCHEMATICS SERIAL COMMUNICATION SOLENOID TECHNICAL SUPPORT
140 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.