Highway Maintenance Superintendent (Job Nbr: 1818)
Posted by: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. on July 18, 2018 at 01:47:03.
Country: United States
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 50 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our professionals are in the forefront as facility managers, maintenance engineers, trainers, assets managers and solution providers. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations is comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
General Summary of the Position:
This position is directly responsible for all work getting completed correctly, according to project standards and specifications, on-time and on-budget. The Superintendent is responsible for identifying and completing routine and periodic maintenance work requirements for all assets in his/her assigned area or to specific types of assets throughout the project area. The Superintendent schedules and assigns work to crews and individuals on a bi-weekly, weekly, and/or daily basis depending on the activities and seasons. The Superintendent is responsible for inspecting all work being performed and enforcing company safety policies and guidelines.
Major Functions of the Job:
Minor Functions of the Job:
- Directly responsible for getting all work completed on time, on budget and with the highest quality of workmanship.
- Responsible for the field verification of customer service requests and the identification of maintenance needed.
- Identification of work to be performed. Includes planning necessary materials, equipment, crew size, and any special MOT or support requirements.
- Effective scheduling of work to maximize the work day and meet deadlines based on crew availability and location of work.
- Productivity of the work being performed. Tracking project production for each activity compared to previous months, project averages, company averages and industry benchmarks.
- Inspecting each field crew daily and verifying work is being done according to proper standards and specifications and following company safety policies and MOT plans.
- Review of the field work documentation daily. During this review, the Supervisor should be prepared to make the necessary corrections and meet with the Crew Leader to assure the mistakes do not happen again.
- Be familiar with applicable standards and specifications, instructing crews on the proper method and techniques for completing various maintenance activities.
- Manage the annual Career Evaluations for direct reports.
- Provide resources and support needed by crews including special equipment, tools or materials. Includes coordinating with the Project Manager on leasing equipment the most cost effective way, ordering or stocking materials.
- Follow all site safety precautions and procedures and maintain a secure job site to eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Safely operate company owned SUV and up to ¾-ton pickup trucks.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Factors:
- Coordinate training and development of field staff in area of work.
- Complete daily logs and perform routine maintenance checks on assigned vehicles: check fluids, air filter, tire pressure, change tire, etc.
- Participate in required training.
- Be a dependable and reliable member of the team.
- Show initiative; seek out work and get the job done without being told.
- Communicate clearly with Project Manager and other team members.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Will ascend/descend structures to perform job duties.
- Work safe and independently in vehicle traffic zones.
- Ability to work safely in a wide range of environmental and weather conditions (i.e. work in hot, cold or wet conditions for extended periods of time).
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time while operating equipment.
- Must wear personal protective equipment at all times on job site.
Special Position Requirements:
- Associates degree (AA) or five (5) years of advanced highway or construction experience
- Highway Snow and Ice Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Prgorams (ie Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- MOT certified
- Speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
- Detailed industry knowledge of highway maintenance and/or of the surface transportation field (design and construction)
- Proven ability to have a planned and systematic approach to time management, project management, and problem solving
- Strong communication skills, oral and written skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate a message in a clear and precise way
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to manage conflict resolution in a professional manner
- Strong HR skills and with genuine interest in the development and success of our employees
- Fanatical customer service and client focused
- Total commitment to the company and passion for career
- Self-motivated and managed
- Demonstrated effective leadership abilities
- Maintain company standards for background checks (i.e. criminal record, driving record and controlled substance/drug testing)
- Knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
- Carry out simple arithmetic functions
- Maintain proper safety equipment required for each job
- Neat, clean and presentable appearance
- Knowledge and ability to adapt to the latest technology
- Ability to use smart phone and applications
- Ability to adjust to changing work schedule
This position requires independent and team work under ranging weather and environmental conditions, including high vehicle traffic operations. All employees must adhere to Jorgensen's safety policy, employment policies, procedures and programs and contribute to the PACT culture.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employers and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V
280 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.