Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Please apply directly to The Middlesex Corporation (Link found at the bottom)
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Asphalt Lute Person primary function is to use the lute rake to straighten asphalt joints and for hand working areas the paving machine is unable to reach. The Asphalt Lute Person is required to perform daily maintenance on tools and to ensure all tools are stored properly at the end of each shift. In addition, the Asphalt Lute Person is expected to assist in the general operation of each job site.
Reports To: Dispatch/Paving Supervisor
Status: Full Time/Hourly
• Must be on site at scheduled start time and be present for the daily huddle and weekly Tool Box Talks
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all Middlesex safety policies and procedures
• Must be able to identify potential hazards and assist in maintaining a safe work environment
• Cleaning excess asphalt off tools and equipment;
• Assist with MOT set up and flagging operations
• Set up and maintenance of erosion control;
• Assist in the loading and unloading of tools and equipment
• Able to effectively shovel and lute asphalt and push a wheelbarrow
• General clean up around job site;
• Checking and maintaining grade stakes;
•Set up and maintenance of traffic control aids;
• Operating rollers, power brooms, tamps, and skid steer loaders, and any other equipment the employee is able to operate;
• Driving pick-ups, flatbeds, water trucks, and sand trucks;
• Be sure assigned equipment is properly maintained and kept clean at all times
• Assist in daily project inspection prior to departing, to ensure work is complete with the highest quality and all cleanup is complete
• Safety and quality orientated
• Strong Work Ethic
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Maintain good health status and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
• Ability to multi-task
• Team Player with good interpersonal skills
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with strong interpersonal and verbal skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
41 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.