Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Temp to Direct
State: New York
Country: United States
Who We Are
IMI is a leading provider of labour solutions and workforce management in the material handling sector. With 20 years in the industry, we have established ourselves in the industry by creating great relationships with both our employees and clients.
Our main goal is to provide hard working individuals with great jobs for some of the most progressive material handling companies in the world – if you can think of a company we’ve probably worked with them.
Not only has our company grown based on the great work our employees provide for our clients, but we are also always looking for innovative ways to make everyone’s job a little bit easier – whether that be through our developing artificial intelligence or what we offer our employees for their hard work.
We’re hoping you trust us with your career, as it’s just important to us as it is to you.
Who We’re Looking for
IMI is looking for safety-aware, self-motivated, and result-oriented Racking Installers for upcoming contracts. We’re hoping you are someone who is mechanically inclined, with a willingness to accept instruction and a variety of new tasks with a positive attitude and a comfortability of working at heights up to 30 feet.
We are looking for those who have construction or warehouse rack assembly experience under their tool belt and who are familiar with lift equipment and its operation.
If this sounds like you, you could be responsible for the following…
- Assemble off the lift platforms storage shelving, rack shelving, structural shelving, and steel shelving systems.
- Using everything from hand tools, cordless power tools, and mechanical assembly tools while handling materials and fasteners.
- Bolt aligned steel members in position for permanent fastening, bolting or welding into place
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolds, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors
- Dive drift pins through rivet holes in order to align rivet holes in structural-steel members with corresponding holes in previously placed members.
- Pull, push, or pry structural-steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place
Worksites can be dangerous, so in order to ensure your safety at all times, we require you always poses a hard hat, steel-toe boots, work gloves, safety vest, and work goggles.
Due to the many responsibilities we are tasking our employees with, we ask they have some or all of the following:
- Any or all basic hand tools, and a tool box or bag.
- Tape measure
- 2LB small sledge hammer
- Level (7-10 inch)
- Band cutters (tin snips)
- 3/8” ratchet set with standard sockets ranging from 3/8” to 1” (deep well recommended)
- Standard wrench set
- Set of standard Allen wrenches
- Line up pin or drift-pin (8-10 inches long)
- Square (small carpenter one)
If interested- please apply through the link provided below or contact us personally.
74 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.