Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Overland Park
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 66210
Immediate need for a full time opportunity for a Civil Drafter to join an engineering firm in its Kansas City, MO office. Successful candidate will take a supporting role in the drafting and design of a wire-line (ISP/OSP fiber) Telecom project.
* Develop or modify deliverables based on GIS design, field gathered information, rough sketches, marked-up copies and/or detailed verbal instructions.
* Develops necessary layouts/views, sections and details with supervision.
* Performs minor computations such as material quantity estimate, dimensional checks, etc. as assigned.
Fast paced, collaborative, deadline driven. Will be working on a team of 5-10 depending on project size. Combination of engineers, designers and drafters.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
* Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
* Internship experience in a drafting role is nice to have.
* 6+ months work experience is nice to have
Preferred Technical Competencies:
* Working knowledge of the Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) program, "AutoCAD" is required.
* Basic knowledge in (GIS, 3GIS, Visio and Civil 3D) is preferred, but not required.
* Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures.
* Basic industry knowledge and technology trends.
* Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
No previous engineering work experience required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment on-boarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
31 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.