Utility Worker (320222)
Posted by: BHI Energy <Tricia.Cusimano@bhienergy.com> on September 13, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 27343
BHI Energy is looking for Utility workers, to start ASAP, these positions are at the Roxboro Fossil Plant. We are looking for technicians that are local to Semora, NC. You will be responsible for day-to-day cleaning and up keep of buildings and other assigned areas within the facility. Work performance and cleaning shall be to a level that meets established cleaning standards and expectations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
- Removing coal, coal dust, and coal byproducts (e.g. fly ash) from plant areas, equipment, and facilities using standard industrial cleaning techniques.
- Collecting trash (e.g. card board, wood pallets) from plant areas and transporting to dumpsters.
- Required to use hand tools such as shovels, picks, wheelbarrows, squeegees, and brooms.
- May be required to open and close railroad car hopper doors, open and close railroad car "drawheads" and operate equipment to permit dumping and or vibrating car doors when frozen coal is apparent.
- May be required to operate power tools such as high and low pressure water washing systems, steam cleaners, pumps, floor cleaning equipment, vacuum equipment, and jack hammers.
- May also be required, when trained, to operate equipment such as front-end loaders, backhoes, dump trucks, vacuum trucks, tractors, fork lifts, and other light construction equipment.
- May drive a client/company vehicle in the performance of certain duties with approval.
- Will be required to work in and around "rotating equipment".
- Notifying management of need for repairs of any equipment.
- Actively participate in Pre-Job and Safety Briefings
- Follow established safe work practices
- Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheets/forms properly.
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding if necessary
- Capable of lifting a minimum of fifty pounds over head
- Must be able to pass a security background
- Must be able to pass a drug test
231 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.