Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
CORE Safety Group is a nationwide safety management and loss control consultant. We are currently seeking a Safety Advisor for a 30-60 day assignment in Chatsworth, CA to provide oversight of a decommissioning project. The Safety Advisor will be responsible for identifying issues regarding safety matters at the project site and ensure compliance with Federal, State, Local and owner safety requirements.
• Review daily the site decommissioning work by all onsite contractors and advise on required safety procedures, if necessary.
• Conduct, and then document contractor safety orientation training.
• Inspect, at least twice per day, decommissioning process and advise the onsite manager of any unsafe acts and/or processes.
• Routinely confirm that all tasks/work is being done in accordance with state and/or federal H&S requirements.
• Ensure that all chemicals are managed in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
• Maintain copies of all SDS/MSDSs used on the site during the performance of the decommissioning work.
• Issue and log company hot work permits as required and ensure the contractors follow the procedures as stated in the work instruction.
Successful candidate should demonstrate the following:
Applicant should have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in speech and writing with members at all levels throughout an organization; strong writing skills with the ability to interpret safety standards; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with diverse personalities. Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize work load, and display a high-level of organizational skills.
• 3+ years safety experience
• Decommissioning experience preferred
• First Aid and CPR
• OSHA 30-hour
• Must be local to Chatsworth, CA area (No Per Diem available)
They physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb, use hands and arms, reach, and talk or hear. They are regularly required to balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. They must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities include accurate near and distant vision.
There may be additions, deletions and modifications to the qualifications and functions of this job periodically. Employees must perform all duties assigned to them by management. CORE Safety Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
31 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.