Highway Technician - Lighting Crew (Job Nbr: 1947)
Posted by: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. on September 14, 2018 at 01:47:01.
Country: United States
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 50 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our professionals are in the forefront as facility managers, maintenance engineers, trainers, assets managers and solution providers. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations is comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
Position summary: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Highway Maintenance Technician for our Lighting Crew to perform highway maintenance and lighting repair operations in the Jacksonville, FL area. The lighting crew member shall perform, certify, and permit all electrical work on the project. All electrical work shall be performed in accordance with current NEC and adherence to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Jorgensen company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with co-workers and the client and be able to communicate clearly and concisely with management
- Locate, identify, and make needed electrical repairs with minimal oversight
- Maintain roadway illumination and power
- Follow company protocol for purchases and make cost conscious decisions
- Report all equipment failures or contractor requirements to supervisor
- Execute preventive maintenance programs established by the organization
- Work from elevated heights in company provided bucket trucks
- Follow all safety guidelines established by industry and corporate policy
- Obtain and follow updates on all clients, Jorgensen, local, state and federal laws, rules, regulations, guidelines and ordinances
- Practice client security regulations and procedures
- Promote company management philosophy through personal example
- Complete work orders on a hand held device with company specific software
- Establish rapport with staff members
- Two (2) or more years experience with electrical systems, including interior and exterior lighting.
- Valid CDL license
- One (1) or more years experience operating a bucket truck
Clean driving is essential and must pass criminal background check
- Journeyman license preferred.
- Highway maintenance (MOT, Heavy equipment, etc.) experience preferred but not required
High School Diploma/GED
Maintain company standards for background checks (i.e. criminal record, driving record and controlled substance/drug testing)
Knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
Carry out simple arithmetic functions
Maintain proper safety equipment required for each job
Knowledge and ability to adapt to the latest technology
Ability to use smart phone and applications
Ability to adjust to changing work schedule
Ability to work safely under ranging environmental and weather conditions
Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
Ability to operate hand/power tools
Full time; Must be flexible and available to respond to after hours emergencies.
Total Compensation Package to include: Competitive base pay, annual profitability based bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health & Dental insurance, Vision Discounts, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employers and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V
85 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.