Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37804
Supervises and directs all planning and scheduling activities for a medium size project or for a portion of a large, complex project. Coordinates the preparation and issue of master schedules, problem analysis reports, variance reports, pre-op schedules and milestones, etc., through subordinate staff. Assists in development and implementation of project cost engineering standards and procedures. Supervises preparation of various cost reports such as percent complete, productivity analysis, man-hour summaries and progress reports.
•Plan, coordinate, supervise and direct all planning, scheduling, and cost engineering activities on medium-large project or group of smaller projects. Participate in determining client/owner schedule objectives for project.
• Provide administrative and technical direction of staff, assessment of employee and department performance, personnel administration activities and development/implementation of project controls standards and procedures.
• Develop and manage the Project Risk Register including the documentation of contingency calculations and contingency transfer.
• Interface/maintain liaison with project management, Client, subcontractors, etc. on all project controls related items and functions including reporting requirements schedules, progress status, new impacts, budgets, cash flow, etc.
• Perform tasks required to develop and maintain resource loaded schedules. Includes collecting actual and quantities installed per schedules, assess progress data supplied by others, and visual inspection.
• Develop detailed engineering and construction schedules with construction management. May assemble data from variety of sources including A/E, client engineering, other contractors, and the like.
• Assists in planning functions such as reviewing bid documents, creating a bid schedule with appropriate work breakdown structure (WBS), manpower resource planning, and attend project pre-planning meetings.
• Coordinate, supervise and review preparation of specialty schedules, input and progress reports, i.e., start-up schedule and milestones, construction manager’s progress report, client’s progress report, etc.
• Support supervision through preparation and maintenance of forecasts and schedules. May draft construction network diagrams for specific area.
• Attend meetings and site walks with other contractors, client, and site management to review and update project schedules and assist in resolving issues.
• Update project schedule with approved change orders.
• Participate in project progress meetings.
• Prepare, update and issue master budget (or primary estimate) from staff input for project, company, and client use.
• Coordinate estimating activities, action items, and liaison with A/E, home office estimating, and client engineering.
• Supervise preparation of various cost reports, i.e., percentage complete, productivity analysis, man-hour summaries, etc. for issuance to project management, client, and/or home office.
• Coordinate input/output of computer generated reports with staff, data processing, accounting, and payroll personnel, as necessary.
• Supervise updating of construction forecast to reflect most current plans/requirements.
• Interface with other construction departments to provide scheduling data for items such as sub contract change requests, bid comparisons, new work item estimates, and resolution of potential schedule/work problems.
• May also manage subcontractor and/or client schedules, as requested, and integrate them into the Company master schedule.
• Represent company and/or project in meetings with client, A/E representatives and other contractors as required.
• Insure that corporate planning, scheduling, and cost engineering standards are implemented and that all project related activities comply.
• May serve as staff specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes.
• Archive project schedule on close out.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s and/or Project Management’s direction.
A four-year construction, engineering or related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience, plus six or more years similar construction scheduling and cost estimating experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES:
• Solid knowledge of, and experience with, one or more scheduling programs such as Primavera and MS Project is required.
• Thorough knowledge of diversified controls engineering systems, principles and practices plus the ability to solve complex problems, develop and implement procedures and maintain liaison with units both internally and externally essential.
• Ability to assume full responsibility of one or more project schedules and interface and communicate with others at highest level of the Company and Client is essential.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical problem solving skills required.
• Proficiency with standard office software.
Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments with possible exposure to noise, dust, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, moving objects, sharp edges, and all types of weather and temperature conditions. Occasional or frequent air travel with overnight stays.
• Manual dexterity, sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time;
• Occasional climbing stairs / ladders, bending, stooping, reaching, and crouching;
• Visual acuity to read printed and electronic documents;
• Lifting and / or exerting of force up to 50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds of lifting / force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of lifting / force constantly to move objects; and
• Frequent driving of motor vehicles.
The above description covers the principal duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the job. This description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties, responsibilities, and qualifications which may be required.
CCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
20 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.