Part-time Snow Plow Operator (Job Nbr: 1971)
Posted by: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. on October 12, 2018 at 01:47:01.
Country: United States
PART-TIME SNOW PLOW OPERATOR
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 50 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our professionals are in the forefront as facility managers, maintenance engineers, trainers, assets managers and solution providers. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations is comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
Position summary: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is currently seeking part-time snow equipment operators in Richmond VA. As an operator, you will be on call and be offered work, when inclement weather is forecasted. You will report to a designated Project Manager. You will be responsible for de-icing operations and snow removal of limited access highways, ramps, and toll booths to include:
- Operation of a plow truck or heavy equipment pursuant to your qualifications
- Clear snow from paved highways, ramps, and toll booths
- Utilize equipment in a safe manner
- Operate one or more types of heavy equipment and or trucks
- Spread salt and deicers utilizing spreaders
- Assist snow removal team in loading and unloading materials and supplies
- Fuel and perform basic maintenance to your assigned equipment
- This job requires a minimum of two years of experience in professional commercial snow removal
- CDL is required for several openings. Non CDL equipment operators will be considered base on snow & ice service experience.
- Must have transportation to job site
- Able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening
- Safeguard assets from theft and misuse
- Comply with business ethics, applicable laws and regulation
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Operate equipment to manufactures' specifications
- High School Diploma/GED
- Maintain company standards for background checks (i.e. criminal record, driving record and controlled substance/drug testing)
- Knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
- Carry out simple arithmetic functions
- Maintain proper safety equipment required for each job
- Knowledge and ability to adapt to the latest technology
- Ability to use smart phone and applications
- Ability to adjust to changing work schedule
- Ability to work safely under ranging environmental and weather conditions
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds; strenuous manual labor may be required
- Ability to operate hand/power tools
- Ability to travel/work to other Virginia based projects for temporary assignments, if needed
Must be able to work nights, weekends, overtime, rotating shifts and on call schedule when needed
Salary: $25 - $35/hr. based on experience
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employers and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V
99 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.