Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 77017
Combo Pipe Welder
Local Project in Houston
No Per diem.
Plenty of hours
Pay is from $22 to $28 depending on experience.
Please send resume or just work history of expereince.
Lays out, aligns and welds fabricated, cast and forged components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, buildings and pipe, according to blueprints and metallurgy.
Work Schedule: Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Normal work period is Monday-Thursday dayshift while at Manufacturing Facility. Length of employment may be limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
May include but not limited to:
• Secure components together applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
• Select appropriate equipment and plan the layout and assembly of a welding process.
• Apply knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
• Bolt, clamp and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
• Prepare material for welding by cutting or grinding using pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder.
• Set material in stands, racks, hoists, etc. for welding.
• Set up equipment and weld parts using TIG, MIG, Flux, Stick on CS, SS material.
• Repair products by dismantling, straightening and reshaping.
• Reassemble parts using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
• Reads and understands plans, isometrics, arrangement drawings, details, specifications, erection manuals, and/or blueprints and makes decisions based on measurable criteria.
• Visualizes objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
• Work within precise limits and ANSI and ASME standards of accuracy.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Five (5) years trade experience in trade preferred
• Ability to identify all techniques of welding (tig, mig, arc, etc.), and know all properties of various types of metal and how heat affects them.
• Ability to identify the requirements for various pipe welding tests and to produce X-ray quality welds that meet each requirement.
• Completion of welding certification administered by Lauren Engineers and Constructors for more than Single-Process.
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
• Stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Work at heights
• 25' Tape Measure
• Welding hood with hard hat attachment
• Sleeves or appropriate clothing for stick welding
• Whip with stinger
• Lineman pliers
• Inspection mirror
• 12" Adjustable wrench
• Cold chisel
• Chipping hammer
• Center punch
• Tool Box with Lock
3Q Services Pro is an Equal Opportunity Employer
41 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.