Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 97204
Architect/Project Manager for a small Architecture firm in Portland that focuses on industrial & private aviation projects.
Will be managing 2-3 large industrial transfer station projects to start. One project is for King County in Seattle and the other will be in the Bay area.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing all phases of a medium to large size project through construction. Has primary responsibility for budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, specification, and working drawings on a given project. Resolves architectural problems. Has client contact and authority to direct, control, and monitor all project activities.
SUPERVISION & DELEGATION
* Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants, and vendors.
* Ability to delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful.
* Support senior project manager and/or PIC in supervision and delegation of work.
* Be primary source for monitoring employee performance on a daily basis and take appropriate action to report both positive and negative performance.
* Be proficient with JRMA's documentation and office practice systems.
* Write meeting minutes, instruction bulletins, change orders, RFI responses, and professional correspondence for self-managed projects.
* Ability to correspond effectively with agencies, consultants, and clients.
* Assist in review of agreements with clients and consultants.
* Write RFP's and negotiate contracts and fees with clients and consultants.
* Ability to write and edit specifications.
* Always be professional and respectful in interactions with clients, agencies, and consultants.
* Have complete knowledge and follows JRMA procedures, standards, and protocols.
* Represent the firm at industry events.
* Have primary role in marketing interviews, writing fee proposals, and RFP selection process interviews.
* Maintain primary contact with client and have excellent follow-through with client to help get repeat work.
* Assist with Client networking and relationship maintenance.
* Coordinate with government agencies, utility companies, and resolve plan check and approval issues with the agencies.
* Review documents to ensure quality, coordination, and compliance with the requirements of deliverables in all phases.
* Ensure that client standards and all JRMA protocols are followed.
* Guide and direct project team and consultants for appropriate materials and systems.
* Review documents for code compliance in all phases and issue code interpretations.
* Review and approve changes in collaboration with the project design team and client.
* Supervise and resolve issues in preparation of construction documents.
* Demonstrate capabilities of Construction Administrator.
* Knowledgeable of sustainable design requirements i.e. CalGREEN and LEED for oversight and implementation.
- Responsible for the completeness of the specifications.
- Review cost estimates and conduct value analysis.
* Participate in office design charettes.
* Support design team and ensure that the design intent is followed through all phases.
* Integrate design principles with project design team and maintain design integrity through all phases.
* Primary role with the development of project details consistent with the design intent.
* Promote design quality and design collaboration.
* Collaborate with project design team for programming, planning, and feasibility analysis.
* Ensure that client goals and expectations are met.
33 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.