Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: La Porte
Country: United States
Jacobs Global Field Services is a premier provider of construction, maintenance and capital project solutions. With an ever expanding workforce of both direct hire craft and professional staff, Jacobs Global Field Services provides support to clients in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer products, pulp and paper, automotive, mining and metals business lines across multiple markets.
Assembles rigging to lift and move equipment or material to construction project.
* Loads, transports, unloads and assists in selecting cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved
* Attaches pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps
* Attaches load with grappling devices such as loops, wires, ropes and chains to crane hook
* Gives direction to crane operator or hoisting engineer engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety or workers and material handled using hand signals, loudspeaker, two-way radio or telephone
* Sets up braces and rigs hoisting equipment using hand tools and power wrenches
* Assembles and disassembles cranes
* Splices rope and wire cables to make or repair slings or tackle
* Perform minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment
* Additional responsibilities not listed may be required
* Minimum 4 years industrial construction/maintenance industry experience
* Knowledge of complex rigging heavy rigging change crane boom and cable electrical safety ladder and scaffold safety introduction to lifting machinery wire ropes basics basic rigging fire prevention sizing of chokers load charts cutting torches and basic knowledge of blueprint reading
- Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Repetitive Motions
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you?ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Salary: Up to US$35.00 per hour
109 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.