[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 511461
Posted By: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted On: 2019-02-11 13:17:24
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Gas Superintendent
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 211th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Gas Superintendent will be responsible for the daily supervision of Gas personnel including, Construction personnel, Field Operations personnel in a cost - effective manner to ensure the following.
Reports to: General Superintendent
• Ensure the safety, reliability, security and integrity of The Middlesex Corporation’s Gas operations, consistent with Company goals, objectives and policies, in full compliance with existing and future governmental codes and regulations. Sound implementation of policies and procedures that ensure public safety, maximize customer satisfaction and fulfill statutory requirements while meeting or exceeding performance incentives
• Protect the safety of the public, company property, and personnel through monitoring and enforcement of work rules, standards, and procedures and other scheduled work while remaining fully compliant and within budgetary limitations.
• Supervise a culturally diverse workforce through coaching, counseling, and team building to effectively and efficiently accomplish job tasks. Responsible for workplace safety to ensure safe working conditions are maintained through field inspection of work sites and equipment.
• Participate in on-call or after hour supervisory duties. Applicants should have quality labor relation skills to interpret contract language, resolve grievances and discipline cases, initiate and institute corrective action where necessary. Maintain compliance with O.S.H.A., PSC, DOT regulations, and Operator Qualifications.
• Extensive operations related work experience is required. Prior leadership experience with a focus on Gas Construction, Gas Field Operations, Main and Service installation.
• Must have knowledge of State and Local Laws and procedures, interaction with State and Local Public Works personnel is a plus.
• Technical knowledge of distribution system, engineering, construction and maintenance practices. Knowledge of state and municipal gas codes.
• Must exhibit proven supervisory skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment is necessary.
• Must possess an exceptional safety record, strong oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to maximize performance of subordinates.
• Solid planning and organizing skills are required.
• Must possess the following competencies: Focus on Safety, Customer Satisfaction, advancing technology to protect our environment, adaptability, demonstrate and promote teamwork.
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
54 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.