Utility Worker (322371)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy Power Services is looking to hire a Utility Worker at the Belews Creek Fossil Station. We are looking for someone who lives within 50 miles of the site. This person will be responsible for day-to-day cleaning and up keep of buildings and other assigned areas within the facility. Work performance and cleaning shall be to a level that meets established cleaning standards and expectations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include but not be limited to:
- Removing coal, coal dust, and coal byproducts (e.g. fly ash) from plant areas, equipment, and facilities using standard industrial cleaning techniques.
- Collecting trash (e.g. card board, wood pallets) from plant areas and transporting to dumpsters.
- Required to use hand tools such as shovels, picks, wheelbarrows, squeegees, and brooms.
- May be required to open and close railroad car hopper doors, open and close railroad car "drawheads" and operate equipment to permit dumping and or vibrating car doors when frozen coal is apparent.
- May be required to operate power tools such as high and low pressure water washing systems, steam cleaners, pumps, floor cleaning equipment, vacuum equipment, and jack hammers.
- May also be required, when trained, to operate equipment such as front-end loaders, backhoes, dump trucks, vacuum trucks, tractors, fork lifts, and other light construction equipment.
- May drive a client/company vehicle in the performance of certain duties with approval.
- Will be required to work in and around "rotating equipment" .
- Notifying management of need for repairs of any equipment.
- Actively participate in Pre-Job and Safety Briefings
- Follow established safe work practices
- Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheets/forms properly.
- Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding if necessary
- Capable of lifting a minimum of fifty pounds over head
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
- · Must be able to pass a security background
- · Must be able to pass a drug test