[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 516546
Posted By: The Levy Company
Posted On: 2019-03-24 00:04:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Link: Foremen for Highway Sign & Lighting Construction Projects
Subject: [Foreman] Foremen Needed Immediately!
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 78154
The Levy Company is a heavy highway and electrical construction company headquartered in Selma, Texas, just outside of San Antonio. With more than 18 years of successful projects, led by founders with over 60 years of combined experience, The Levy Company has the proven skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently complete roadway and electrical projects of any size.
The Levy Company is currently hiring experienced FOREMEN to lead crews throughout Texas in the construction of highway lighting and signage, as well as traffic signals. We offer competitive pay rates, paid time off, holiday pay, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life), a 401(k) plan, and employee stock ownership.
Essential Functions may include, but are not limited to:
1. Plan, coordinate, and supervise work activities of assigned crew.
2. Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
3. Ensure all material and equipment needed are available to complete the job prior to beginning work.
4. Assign work based on employee qualifications and job procedures.
5. Ensure the worksite is safe for work and perform all required safety duties.
6. Inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to ensure all specifications are met.
7. Record and submit personnel, production, equipment, and other operational data on specified forms, reports, and systems.
8. Assist workers engaged in construction activities, using hand tools and other equipment.
1. At least five years of construction experience with at least one year of recent highway experience.
2. At least two years in a lead role providing guidance and direction to less senior crew members.
3. Valid class C driver license.
1. Highway construction experience.
2. Previous experience as a foreman.
3. Valid Texas commercial driver license.
1. Advanced understanding of construction practices and use of tools and equipment in construction.
2. Effective leadership skills with the ability to appropriately motivate subordinate employees.
3. Basic mathematical skills.
4. Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
5. Ability to organize own work and that of others.
6. Ability to comprehend and apply oral and written instructions.
7. Ability to provide oral and written instructions.
8. Ability to complete work accurately, timely, and safely under minimal supervision.
Work is performed in primarily outdoor environments with constant exposure to noise, dust, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, moving objects, sharp edges, and temperature extremes
• Standing for up to eight (8) hours per day.
• Lifting and / or exerting of force up to 80 pounds occasionally, 50 pounds frequently, and 10 pounds constantly.
• Walking, bending, and squatting for extended periods of time.
• Frequent climbing steps, ladders, and in/out/onto vehicles.
• Frequent stooping, twisting, crawling, kneeling, reaching, and crouching.
• Frequent work on ladders, in lifts, and on structures at elevated heights.
• Visual acuity to drive, distinguish electrical wire colors, perform manual detailed work, and to read printed and electronic documents.
• Hearing capacity to receive, perceive, and react to common construction and road environment noises.
• Manual dexterity to manipulate, handle, and feel.
• Frequent operating of motor vehicles and mobile equipment.
• Constant use of personal protective equipment (PPE) necessary for working safely.
The above description covers the principal duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the job. This description is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. Other miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required.
100% Employee Owned
The Levy Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive pay rates
• Full health and wellness benefits (medical / dental / vision)
• Life insurance
• Short term disability
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Education assistance
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
144 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.