[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 523246
Posted By: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted On: 2019-06-17 11:55:57
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: Field Engineer - Environmental
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 211th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Field Engineer is responsible for preparing and maintaining project documents and logs, and providing technical support to the project manager, superintendent and foremen.
Reports to: Project Manager/ Project Engineer
Status: Full-Time, Salary
• Support project Environmental Initiatives such as Soil Management and Tracking, Groundwater Management, Storm-water Pollution Prevention, etc. Provide construction oversight support for a variety of project disciplines such as retaining walls, drainage systems, structures, etc.
• Assist with soil management tracking: Track excavations and soil movement Project-wide by attending coordination meeting with superintendents/ foreman, field observations, etc. Document and maintain tracking information in Excel spreadsheet.
• Perform environmental field inspections or monitoring as needed.
• Assist with creating and maintaining field tools for superintendents and foreman to promote environmental compliance project-wide.
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Other duties as assigned
• Accredited two (2) or four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering or environmental field of study and no required previous years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Required: Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic use of spreadsheets.
• Preferred experience in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, and ArcGIS
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Possess strong leadership qualities
• Above average organizational skills
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
19 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.