[Fabrication Engineer] Pipe Fabrication Coordinator ~ Houston, TX
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Pipe Fabrication Coordinator
Receive sort and catalogue piping isometric drawings from the design group.
Sort field fabrication drawings from shop fabrication drawings.
Stamp drawings approved for construction date, assign Non-Destructive Examination,
Request for Quote and fabrication identification number.
Write associated Request for Quote and distribute to approved fabrication facilities.
Input pipe spools into excel spreadsheet per project number, schedule fabrication timeline per field installation schedule. Receive and reply to vendor’s request for information.
Write Purchase Orders.
Track fabrication through field delivery to include coatings.
• Working knowledge of pipe fabrication processes.
• Working knowledge of Isometric drawings.
• Working knowledge of P&ID’s.
• Working knowledge of pipe, valves, fitting grades and classes.
• Working knowledge of ASME B31.3, B31.8 and API 1104.
• Familiar with pipe coatings.
• Working knowledge of fabrication completion book assembly.
• Familiar with the document control process.
•Previous experience as a buyer / coordinator in the industrial construction industry.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.