[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 527487
Posted By: EASi/Aerotek Energy
Posted On: 2019-06-19 15:03:18
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: [Safety Manager] Safety Advisor/Manager
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Allocation of Time: On-Site Safety Function – 75%
1. Participates with Project Manager and Safety Managers in conducting an on-site safety survey / Risk Register prior to the commencement of the project.
2. Conducts ongoing pre-task safety surveys with Project Manager and Safety Managers before ANY high-hazard task (Crane lifts, confined space entries, trenching deeper than 4 feet, etc.) is started. Communicates significant information developed from these surveys to contractors and reviews with them any potential dangers that may develop from these high hazard activities.
3. Provide guidance, assistance and training for all Safety Managers and Supervisors throughout the course of the project.
Maintains all records related to safety programs i.e. Site Safety Plan (this document), accident reporting, OSHA 300 forms, etc.
4. Makes thorough analysis of historical project data (when available), statistical data and inspection records; delineates problem areas and makes recommendations for solutions.
5. Takes part in the review of all disabling injuries and assists in the investigation of fatalities.
6. Participates with the Project Manager and the Superintendent in conducting a pre-job safety survey prior to the commencement of each job. This involves a visit to the site.
7. Accompanies Project Managers on safety tours of their projects whenever requested.
8. Follows up to see that all employees are properly instructed as to the requirement of the Site Safety program.
9. Assists the Safety Managers and Supervisors in setting up safety training programs.
10. Conducts project inspections to observe conformance with established Site Safety Program: reports the results to President and Project Managers.
11. Recorded any Action taken by Project Managers and Superintendents that will be shown on reports.
12. Assist in the coordination of the safety training activities of the Construction Managers, Superintendents, and Foremen in the field.
13. Establishes a “Safety Observation Card” (SOC) program which will be available to all project personnel. SOCs are intended to be an observation form which will help track safety behaviors during the project.
14. Determine which project members are best suited to take responsibility as Safety Managers / Supervisors of the site safety program
15. Review the overall site safety plan once it has been drafted. Final approval of the plan will be made by the Senior Project Management Team and the Safety Director.
16. Implement the Site Safety Plan and actively strengthen a culture of safety throughout the course of the project
17. Review and approve daily risk permits
18. Provide Safety review of Sub-Contractor Safety pre-qualification process
19. Establish a weekly Safety Committee meeting wherein all appointed and responsible parties for Safety on the job site shall attend. The meeting will be scheduled to last for no less than one (1) hour.
Allocation of Time: Safety Administration Function – 25%
1. Leads by action and example with a sincere attitude toward working safely every day. Fosters a culture of working safely by working directly with Safety Managers and Supervisors on a daily basis to implement the Site Safety Plan.
2. Ensure PM’s and Corporate Safety are informed of high-level safety issues
3. Maintain daily log of contractor orientations in Safety database or equivalent
4. Provide Safety review of Sub-Contractor Safety pre-qualification process
5. Review OSHA Logs, EMR Data and provide recommendations for high hazard contractors
6. Communicate/Promote safety through various safety interactions with workforce.
7. Contribute to development and management of Project risk assessments.
8. Administer and Manage Contractor Supervisor On-Boarding Orientation
9. Assist in required Monthly metric reports including injuries, training and man-hours
10. Assist site contacts with identifying/monitoring/documenting safety observations
11. Review/Oversee compliance of the Contractor Safety Handbook
12. Attend daily DOR meetings and contribute safety information as needed
13. Attend and contribute to Daily contractor POND meeting and monthly “All hands” toolbox.
14. Attend and provide safety leadership for pre-construction planning meetings.
15. Audit/Administer CMRP/PTW Process and communicate findings/improvement opportunities.
16. Contribute to incident investigations as needed
17. Enforces all sections of the established Site Safety Program.
18. Advises company supervision of compliance and of conditions requiring attention
Perform all other duties as assigned
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
341 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.