Project Manager - Transmission (323895)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PROJECT MANAGER - Transmission - NH
We're looking for a self-motivated Project Manager with experience working directly with clients to ensure deliverablesof multiple approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget.
Will be responsible for coordinating and tracking all aspects of 115kV Overhead Transmission line upgrade and maintenance projects in Northern New Hampshire are completed efficiently by 2022. Requires coordination with other departments toengineer, design, site, permit, and construct assigned projects. Primary duties include overall responsibility for coordinating regulatory approvals, and interface with regulators and local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and support systems; and ensuring that all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies, regulations and laws.
- Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature with multi stakeholder involvement, and medium financial risk exposure profile requiring management reporting.
- Works closely with Legal, Siting, Environmental, Regulatory Relations, Procurement, Communications and all Transmission Business functions to ensure project success.
- Integrates and manages a cross functional project team to develop appropriate project roles and responsibilities.
- Manages the development of a comprehensive siting and permitting needs assessment. Coordinates an environmental assessment and the necessary regulatory approvals (federal, state and local) needed to begin construction
- Manages the development and evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design, construction and test procurement of material and support systems.
- Coordinates the development of a detailed project budget and cash flow and the development of a resource loaded baseline schedule.
- Manages project contractors and/or vendors to ensure work is completed in compliance with the job specifications. Review/approve contractor and vendor timesheets and/or invoices and ensure payments are made in a timely manner.
- Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of project scope, budgets and schedules.
- Ensures work is completed in a safe manner and in compliance with all company and OSHA requirements.
- Manages the development of required energization plans and operating instructions.
- Provides clear, concise and comprehensive project status reports to management.
- Manages project close out in a timely manner to support corporate business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferred) or Business or equivalent expeience
- Minimum 8 years of prior project management experience in schedule, plan and managing complex transmission projects concurrently.
- Ability to run meetings, motivate and interact with others at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, analyze data, write effective reports and make presentations.
- Ability to cope with deadlines, manage time, set and manage priorities, define roles and responsibilities and make decisions.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of Critical Path Methodology and the role CPM schedules play in construction projects.
- Thrives in a deadline-driven environment
- Must have a valid Driver's License and be insurable. Will be provided a vehicle and gas card.
- Will be subject to successful Background Investigation and Drug Screening prior to start on the job.
- Requires US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Green Card
- Self-Starter with effective communication skills, active listening, speaking and writing skills.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.