[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 527864
Posted By: BHI Energy
Posted On: 2019-07-15 09:17:02
Email Address: email@example.com
Link: Click here to apply for: Designer I
Subject: Designer I (323905)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 33409
• With guidance, designs and processes construction work requests related to overhead associated with electric distribution systems applying the prescribed guidelines, utility standards, and procedures.
• Prepares computer assisted designs and generates construction drawings for review by Quality Assurance (QA), Design Supervisor, and other Designers
• Prepares distribution circuit designs with basic understanding of circuit drawings and distribution engineering concepts
• With assistance, prepares pole boring, cost estimates, and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects
• Tracks and updates design activities within BHI Energy's project management system
• Attends regular training sessions to maintain proficiency in design work
• Promotes a safe work environment using BHI Energy's Gold Standard
• Stays current on client guideline changes
• Follows the BHI safety procedures when out of office and in the field including the pre-job brief and vehicle inspections
• Attends outside meetings with client engineers to define project scope and submit meeting notes for all client and designated internal staff at pre-construction, pre-engineering, and pre-design stages
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with the gathering of information from field survey data and verify accuracy of maps and record drawings
• Assist with storm restoration activities such as patrolling, extendo stick, and production lead during a storm
• Other duties as assigned
Ensures the proposed work meets the guidelines and recommends design changes if necessary. Exercises minimal judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine the appropriate action. Assesses the scope of assigned projects, collects data and completes tasks. Presents recommendations to Design Supervisor. Erroneous
actions would be detected by supervisory review and can disrupt client project and employees of BHI. Errors may result in mid expenditure of resources to correct.
Internal contact with employees and supervisors and other designers which ranges from the exchange of information to the delivery of recommendations.
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
Works on tasks of lower complexity which requires some independent judgement and makes routine recommendations. Receives instructions on routine work and on new assignments.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
Individual contributor. Does not supervise.
• Bachelor/Associate degree in Engineering, Technology, or 4 years related experience required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license
• Must pass background and credit check
• Good oral and written communication skills are required
• Ability to interact with clients in connection with project design responsibilities
• Strong ability to tolerate change and willingness to be flexible
• Displays a questioning attitude
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or GIS systems preferred
• Ability to utilize mapping software preferred
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
123 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.