[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Perform skilled mechanical duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of District heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities; perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment including refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, chillers, water cooling towers, forced air converter units, pumps, automatic and hand valves, expansion valves and capillary tubes .
• Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration units, isolated heating and ventilating units, including boilers, gas and electrically operated air- conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs; service and repair evaporative coolers.
• Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
• Operate a variety of hand and power tools, welder torch, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle; maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool inventory.
• Perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors and wiring systems as needed; connect motors to control panels.
• Test and examine boiler operations, observing meter and pressure gauges; conduct boiler water quality test and treatment; adjust boiler burner combustion.
• Lubricate and pack heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and air-conditioning motors, pumps, fans, and other equipment.
• Install and calibrate systems; install copper tubing and repair pipes and tubing as necessary; test joints and insulate pipes of refrigeration and air conditioning systems; flush boilers, descale tubing; rebuild pressure and temperature safety valves and water pumps.
• Install, rebuild, replace or repair fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets and other equipment as necessary.
• Maintain related records concerning time, labor and materials; maintain log of tasks performed and write reports as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain regular attendance.
• Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of District heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities.
• Calibrate systems.
• Perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
• Diagnose defects, and install, repair and maintain heating, ventilating, refrigeration, and air-conditioning units.
• Follow oral and written instructions.
• Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair, installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Maintain routine records and prepare reports.
• Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
• Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
• Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
• Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
• Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or G.E.D. Minimum of 5 years experience with commercial/industrial/ residential HVAC & Plumbing systems required.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• MSHA 24 Hour Certification preferred, not required
• OSHA-10/30 hour Certification required
• Proven safe work record required
• All Geotemps employment is contingent on Drug Screen and Criminal Background screening results.