[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 528133
Posted By: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted On: 2019-08-19 13:50:43
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: Estimator/PM - Energy
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Earn up to $750.00 in a Signing Bonus.
**Local candidates preferred**
The Estimator/Project Manager shall oversee total estimating and project management effort for energy projects. Responsible for accurate takeoff and pricing of the work, including all direct and indirect costs and that projects are safely constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. This includes interfacing with client representatives, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Reports To: Energy Manager
Status: Full-Time, Salary
• Work as integral part of our Estimating team to perform plan and specification analysis, takeoff and pricing of Energy and other heavy/civil projects with values from $5 million to $50 million
• Prepare full, complete estimates with all backup documentation
• Work with subcontractors and vendors to define scope, and perform subcontractor and vendor analysis
• Assist with all Estimating functions for Lump Sum, Design/Build and Unit Price projects
• Assist with the budgeting, purchasing and cost functions
• Review project features with the estimating department
• Work with the project engineer and superintendent to develop a C.P.M. project schedule with the appropriate attributes
• Submit preliminary paperwork such as submittals, introductory letters, subcontractor approvals, lump sum breakdowns of work items, affirmative action documents, etc., as required
• Develop a submittal log, a project organization chart, and a material storage plan
• Initiate project startup and closeout sheet and submit a copy to the paving department and set up and maintain project files
• Required to sign off on the budget prior to the start of paving
• Responsible for all aspects of cost management for the project
• Submit a quarterly cost revision with an explanation of any cost variance of 5% or more
• Submit change order logs to the regional office monthly
• Coordinate and direct all project activities with the project superintendent/general superintendent to ensure that all milestones are met, and job continuity is maintained
• Conduct weekly meeting as required
• Prepare and review periodic estimates with the owner's representative/resident engineer and submit an approved original estimate or pencil sheet copy to the regional office with the appropriate subcontractor quantity split within proper time requirements
• Attend final punch list inspection and/or closeout meeting and complete final documents
• Maintain contact with the project Owner and Architect/Engineer to obtain reduction of retainage and final payment and close out jobsite office
• B.S. in Civil Engineering major or construction related field
• Minimum of 8 years of successful and progressive experience in the civil construction field
• Excellent computer skills and Heavy bid estimating software knowledge
• Experience with computerized takeoff and/or design programs
• Experienced in budget management, schedule, quality control, and knowledge of all phases of construction
• OSHA 10 Certified
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Possess strong leadership qualities
• Above average organizational skills
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
Health Care Advocate
Team Member Referral Program
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 211th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
13 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.