[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Please apply at:
Sheet Metal Worker
Fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs sheet metal products and equipment such as control boxes, drain pipes, ventilators, chutes, and diverters.
• Select gauge and type of sheet metal according to product being fabricated and knowledge of metal.
• Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on metal sheet.
• Set up and operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, bending rolls, and punch and drill presses to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal.
• Shape metal over anvils, blocks, or forms, using hammer.
• Set up and operate soldering and welding equipment to join together sheet metal parts.
• Smooth seams, joints, or burred surfaces, using files and portable grinder or buffer.
• Install assemblies in plant or work site according to blueprint specifications, using hand tools and portable power tools.
• Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance with specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micrometer.
• Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
• Regular attendance is required.
• Significant travel may be required.
• Performs other duties as required.