[Plumber] Plumber Needed
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Please apply at:
Assembles installs, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
Essential Functions Duties
• Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
• Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
• Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors, using ruler, spirit level, and plumb bob.
• Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand tools and power tools.
• Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine.
• Bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
• Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass, and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic, using hand-tools and power tools.
• Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints.
• Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leading.
• Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
• Repairs and maintains plumbing, by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.