[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 529396
Posted By: Century Contractors
Posted On: 2019-08-04 00:04:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: [Plumber] Plumber Needed
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: North Augusta
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29842
Please apply at:
Assembles installs, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
Essential Functions Duties
• Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
• Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
• Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors, using ruler, spirit level, and plumb bob.
• Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand tools and power tools.
• Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine.
• Bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
• Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass, and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic, using hand-tools and power tools.
• Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints.
• Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leading.
• Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
• Repairs and maintains plumbing, by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
53 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.