[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 530692
Posted By: Aerotek
Posted On: 2019-08-20 03:40:01
Link: Click here to apply
Subject: Structural Engineer (6879202)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 97204
Communication and Collaboration
* Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
* Asks questions about assignments when unclear.
* Coordinate with team members and consultants to resolve conflicts and discrepancies.
* Apprise supervisor and client for status of work.
* Establish productive working relationships, and deal effectively and cooperatively with clients, team members, consultants, and government agencies.
* Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
* Resolve issues related to team members and consultants.
* Collaborate with appropriate staff to meet goals and objectives of project.
* Assess unresolved issues and make recommendations to Senior Project Engineer or Principal.
Coach, mentor, and provide performance-enhancing feedback of assigned team members.
Supervision and Delegation
* Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants, and vendors.
* Ability to delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful.
* Support Senior Project Engineer and/or PIC in supervision and delegation of work.
* Be primary source for monitoring employee performance on a daily basis and take appropriate action to report both positive and negative performance.
Assist and/or prepare evaluations and meet with their personnel to discuss the evaluation.
Supervise and manage up to six team members for all phases of projects.
* Be proficient with documentation and office practice systems.
* Write meeting minutes, instruction bulletins, change orders, RFI responses, and professional correspondence for self-managed projects.
* Ability to correspond effectively with agencies, consultants, and clients.
* Assist in review of agreements with clients and consultants.
* Ability to write and edit specifications.
Write RFP'S and negotiate contracts and fees with clients and consultants.
* Always be professional and respectful in interactions with clients, agencies, and consultants.
* Represent the firm at industry events.
Have primary role in marketing interviews, writing fee proposals, and RFP selection process interviews.
Maintain primary contact with client and have excellent follow-through with client to help get repeat work.
Write and develop project marketing interview materials. Participate in project marketing interviews.
Assist with Client networking and relationship maintenance.
* Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
* Set goals, prioritize, and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
* Estimate hours for assigned tasks and finish tasks within agreed upon budget hours for the task.
* Meet with their personnel to discuss the evaluations.
* Manage projects, budgets, staffing, and coordinate billing.
* Prepare and manage work plans, schedules, budgets, staffing projections, and fees for large projects, and coordinate billing.
* Collaborate with design and production staff, construction administrator, and consultants.
* Work to keep projects within cost-saving measures; contribute to profits and revenues, and use resources effectively.
* Ensure that project conforms to contractual agreement with client, meeting all set budgets, goals, and work assignments for their project team that clearly defines project expectations.
* Have complete knowledge and follows procedures, standards, and protocols.
Understand contractual liabilities as they relate to projects including fee calculations,
Monitor and assist their supervisor in the collection of aged accounts payable for the projects.
Prepare plans of action with their supervisor for resolving project related problems.
* Participate in office design charettes.
* Prepare structural calculations.
* Support design team and ensure that the design intent is followed through all phases.
* Integrate design principles with project design team and maintain design integrity through all phases.
* Primary role with the development of project details consistent with the design intent.
* Promote design quality and design collaboration.
* Collaborate with project design team for programming, planning, and feasibility analysis.
* Ensure that client goals and expectations are met.
* Coordinate with government agencies and resolve plan check and approval issues with the agencies.
* Review documents to ensure quality, coordination, and compliance with the requirements of deliverables in all phases.
* Ensure that client standards and all protocols are followed.
* Guide and direct project team and consultants for appropriate materials and systems.
* Review documents for code compliance in all phases and issue code interpretations.
* Review and approve changes in collaboration with the project design team and client.
* Supervise and resolve issues in preparation of construction documents.
* Demonstrate capabilities of Construction Administrator.
Responsible for the completeness of the specifications.
Review cost estimates and conduct value analysis.
- 5+ years experience as a structural engineer.
- Steel experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Structural PE
- Experience working on Industrial Projects.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
65 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.