[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC
As an Industrial Sandblaster/Painter you will operate media blasting equipment to remove mill scale, rust, dirt and any other contaminate from components. This positions is responsible for setting up, operating, or tending a paint pot system to paint industrial surfaces. You must maintain a safe clean, and organized work environment.
Job Duties / Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Operates required equipment to blasts all required components for production activities
* Set up and operate paint pot system to paint metal buildings and assemblies.
* Build paint mil thickness without quality defects including runs.
* Operate auxiliary tools or equipment used in coating or painting processes.
* Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections when mixing.
* Measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before missing them together in a two part paint system.
* Insures proper processing sequence is followed as set forth by the facility production schedule
* Identifies and records part numbers before processing , and re-identifies/labels components after processing
* Performs pre-operational inspections on all shot blast equipment
* Maintains equipment as required ( ex: daily preventative maintenance )
* Maintains quality requirements as defined by company standards. Mask off areas as needed to protect from blast media (ex: machined surfaces).
* Adheres to all safety policies and conducts activities in a safe and organized manner
* Keep work area clean and organized.
* Must have at - least 3 years painting and blasting experience
* Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
* Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of sheet metal structures.
* Ability to interpret blue prints and drawings.
* Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels as well as external customers, vendors, etc.
* Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
* Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
* Being reliable, responsible and dependable.
* Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
* Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
* Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10 hour day.
* Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry product, equipment and tools up to 70 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 100 pounds several times per shift; use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time
* Must be able to work from a high reach.
Education, Training & Certification: High school graduate or GED
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Williams Industrial Services Group, LLC and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Salary: Up to US$0.00 per year