[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
*Primary Job Responsibilities:*
* Perform testing of soil, aggregate, concrete, bituminous, and masonry construction materials.
* Operates equipment, conducts tests/assessments and reports data.
* Make field inspection of project facilities and recommend setting and/or modify boring location.
* Conduct tests that check the strength, temperature, density, air content of concrete and/or other construction materials.
* Use resistivity equipment and pH meters to obtain electrical and chemical properties of foundation soils.
* Assists with the operation of hand portable geophysical equipment and vehicle mounted equipment.
* Direct the installation of water wells and instrumentation devices to assure correctness of depths, sizes, alignment, materials, and equipment.
* Works from drawings, specifications, diagrams, schematics and specific verbal and written instructions.
* Prepare testing reports and forms summarizing test and observation results.
* Discuss field observations and test results with Project Managers to ensure project execution, accuracy and timely reporting.
* Assist in carrying out the tasks associated with the Quality Program by performing equipment checks and calibrations.
*Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Education:*
* Experience in construction, manual labor, and/or skilled trades positions (required)
* High School Diploma (required)
* TWIC Card (required)
* Available hours typically average 40+ per week.
* Positions require ability to lift and/or move 35-100 pounds regularly.
* Must be able to accomplish tasks under adverse weather and/or site conditions.
* Some assignments may require working in confined spaces or climbing and working at above average heights.
* Good vision and manual dexterity required.
*Preferred Qualifications but NOT Required:*
* 1+ years of construction materials testing experience
* ACI certification or radiation safety training for the use of Nuclear Density Gauges