Engineering Technician/ Construction Position open in Destin, Florida
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
*Primary Job Responsibilities:*
* Perform testing of soil, aggregate, concrete, bituminous, and masonry construction materials.
* Operates equipment, conducts tests/assessments and reports data.
* Make field inspection of project facilities and recommend setting and/or modify boring location.
* Conduct tests that check the strength, temperature, density, air content of concrete and/or other construction materials.
* Use resistivity equipment and pH meters to obtain electrical and chemical properties of foundation soils.
* Assists with the operation of hand portable geophysical equipment and vehicle mounted equipment.
* Direct the installation of water wells and instrumentation devices to assure correctness of depths, sizes, alignment, materials, and equipment.
* Works from drawings, specifications, diagrams, schematics and specific verbal and written instructions.
* Prepare testing reports and forms summarizing test and observation results.
* Discuss field observations and test results with Project Managers to ensure project execution, accuracy and timely reporting.
* Assist in carrying out the tasks associated with the Quality Program by performing equipment checks and calibrations.
*Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Education:*
* Experience in construction, manual labor, and/or skilled trades positions (required)
* High School Diploma (required)
* TWIC Card (required)
* Available hours typically average 40+ per week.
* Positions require ability to lift and/or move 35-100 pounds regularly.
* Must be able to accomplish tasks under adverse weather and/or site conditions.
* Some assignments may require working in confined spaces or climbing and working at above average heights.
* Good vision and manual dexterity required.
*Preferred Qualifications but NOT Required:*
* 1+ years of construction materials testing experience
* ACI certification or radiation safety training for the use of Nuclear Density Gauges
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.