[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Roadway Superintendent will be responsible for the field planning and management process of the roadway related aspects of the construction project. The Roadway Superintendent ensures that the quality of work and materials are upheld and that the schedule is followed as planned. Enforces and adheres to Company’s safety policies and procedures.
• Organize and plan the job with the Project Manager and assist as required
• Direct oversight responsibility of time sheets for labor and equipment, as well as daily reports complete with quantities worked
• Develop and maintain client, subcontractor and team member relationships
• Responsible for maintaining and managing the overall bridge schedule
• Review, maintain, and monitor crew’s productivity and goals daily
• Review cost reports monthly, initiate field change requests, and prepare vendor or subcontractor back charges with the Project Manager/Project Engineer
• Enforce quality control and Company safety policies on all aspects of construction
• Follows the project construction process and schedule to ensure that work is completed on time
• Review and submit weekly accountability reports
• Have a clear understanding of pay parameters and specifications by item
• Provide General Superintendent with a three week look ahead schedule
• Conduct daily huddles, stretching exercises, and weekly Tool Box Talk with crew
• Provide Job Hazard Analysis prior to new work activities and review with crew
• Develop material handling plans with Foremen
• Identify extra work or change of conditions and report to Project Manager/Project Engineer.
• Ensure that delivery receipts are collected and submitted to field engineers
• B.S. in Civil Construction preferred, but not required
• Minimum of 8 years of successful and progressive experience in the civil construction field
• Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of roadway construction
• OSHA 10 certified
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong leadership qualities
• Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
• Very organized with a systematic approach to tasks in order to achieve accuracy and efficiency
• Professionally and technically competent
• Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious
• Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints
Earn up to $750.00 in a signing bonus.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.