[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Senior Estimator is responsible for the accurate takeoff and pricing of the work, including all direct and indirect costs for heavy/civil/roadway/marine projects. The Senior Estimator directs all estimators working on the bid, manages the preparation of a pre-bid schedule, and assists with contacting, comparing, and selecting the appropriate subcontractors and vendors, and works closely with the Chief Estimator through bid closeout.
• Oversee and assist with takeoff and pricing of all direct and indirect cost items associated with the project(s) under his or her direction, through closeout and submission, with all done in full compliance with company processes and procedures
• Ensure that all bid documents conform with any addenda or modifications
• Oversee and direct the efforts of those working on the estimate(s)
• Manage preparation of the pre-bid schedule
• Ensure that proper subcontractor and vendor coverage is obtained for the bid, especially DBE coverage
• Suggest and arrange any pre-bid testing that will increase the accuracy of the bid
• Ensure that the integrity of the bid files and process is maintained at all times
• Ensure that labor rates, bond rates, insurance, and any other job-specific information in HCSS is properly set up and maintained
• Work with the Chief Estimator and the estimating staff through bid submission
• Assist with the budget preparation, DBE selection and documentation on successful projects
• Chair Project Turnover Meetings for new projects
• In-depth knowledge of HCSS is a prerequisite
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or construction-related field
• Minimum of 5 years of complex highway, piling, bridge and marine construction experience
• Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory estimating position working on projects valued in excess of $50 million
• Minimum of 2 years of design/build experience with large public heavy/civil projects
• Excellent computer skills
• Experience with computerized takeoff and/or design programs
• Ability to lead in a fast-paced, challenging environment as an integral part of a team
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities, management styles and team compositions
• Strong analytical ability, the capacity to interpret data and make recommendations
• Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess strong technology skills
Earn up to $750.00 in a signing bonus.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.