[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Work Located In Pecos, Texas! Opportunities Available Immediately!
Reports To: Field Management
Responsible for the day-to-day direct supervision and oversight of all non-manual and manual craft assigned to the scope(s) of work.
- Provide direct supervision and technical guidance to Linemen, Groundsman and Apprentices (Line Crews) performing maintenance and construction activities on all electrical distribution/transmission lines and associated electrical equipment or substation projects.
- Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations
- Manage supplies, materials and equipment
- Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the construction of towers, foundations, lines, and other electrical material and equipment used for transmission line, distribution line and/or substation construction projects
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work
- Communicate directly with Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Line Crews and other project personnel as required
- Understand and follow detailed construction schedules
- Prior experience as a Foreman, General Foreman or Superintendent highly preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints and scopes of work
- Must be able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple personnel from the field to the office
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home
- Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility crews is required
- Ability to work at heights up to and above 100 feet preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service
- Must be able to work additional hours
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Possession of a valid Commercial driver's license Class A preferred.
- Lead work safely and efficiently.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ownership of the BHI and Site Safety Program.
- Accept supervisory accountability for the health and safety of all subordinate workers.
- Assist work crews with the development of comprehensive hazard analysis of their work task and work area before permitting work to begin.
- Address Clearance verification requirements in accordance with the Site Protective and Caution Tagging Procedure.
- Coordinate work with other working foreman.
- Identify problems to supervisors/superintendents.
- Report progress to supervisors/superintendents.
- Review and prepare for work to be performed.
- Prepare and conduct pre-job briefs as directed by the supervisor /superintendent.
- Work with the tools and materials on the job site (last person in crew to pick up a tool-working foreman).
- See the job through his own eyes providing technical direction to the crew.
- Review work packages on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and timely place keeping.
- Assist in work package closure.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Design -- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics -- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.Building and Construction -- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of vessels.
- Mechanical -- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Production and Processing -- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Engineering and Technology -- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language
Workers will use appropriate personal protective equipment, which may include respirators, fall protection, safety glasses, hard hat, etc., as conditions warrant. Workers are required to use/wear the appropriate safety equipment for each applicable task and may establish requirements for the use of protective equipment by other work groups. Work locations may include being in the presence of "rotating equipment" and energized equipment. As such, workers must be cognizant of ensuring that the equipment is "under clearance" before working within machine guards or in proximity to energized components.
- The essential functions of this position consist of spending long periods of time in the physical activities of standing, walking, climbing, lifting, carrying, twisting, kneeling, stooping, bending and crouching as required. This position also involves handling equipment ranging in weight from 1-100 lbs. Work may also be performed in adverse environmental conditions such as confined spaces, high temperature areas, and elevated heights. The prevailing physical demands this position is medium to heavy.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Transmission and Distribution experience a must!
An ideal candidate will have a high school diploma and vocational school training related to a respective craft or equivalent industry certifications. Be able to communicate effectively in a technical environment and be able to use power tools necessary to perform assigned work. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required. Must be able to effectively work with a variety of personnel to include external customers, clients, and internal personnel. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential. Excellent working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite software. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time are required. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity, and trust. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; to communicate effectively with peers, as well as with direct reports; to interface with Transmission and Distribution site organizations to develop successful problem solving strategies and approaches as required; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.