[Millwright] [Foreman] Millwright Foreman Steam Turbines
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Foremen are expected to manage mechanical crews from four (4) to ten (10) individuals at customer’s locations. Responsible for supporting the company’s initiatives in order to improve and add value to our customer’s experience. To strive for a zero accident workplace which requires the involvement of all employees.
• First line of defense for all field service safety requirements and maintain a safe work environment under all conditions.
• Determine customer safety requirements and verify compliance throughout the project.
• Able to lead & direct crews, supervise all aspects of a gas turbine overhaul
• Maintain accurate and professional daily reports and time sheets
• Prepare detailed parts lists before, during, and after an outage and coordinate with the home office, the ordering of parts.
• Develop schedules for planned outages
• Develop and maintain tools and procedures
• Support operations quality improvements
• Takes responsibility for their own, and co-worker’s safety
• Identify problems and areas of improvement and notify management accordingly
• Ensure that projects are properly structured for safe execution, including direct interface with customer and safety personnel
• Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
o High school diploma or equivalent
o Valid State Issued Drivers License, TWIC Card
o NCCER certification preferred
o Minimum of 48 months documented field experience in chosen craft discipline, with minimum of 12 months experience at Foreman level.
o Extensive work experience on rotating equipment from various equipment manufacturers
o Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel from diverse backgrounds at all levels of the organization
o Strong mechanical aptitude and ability learn technical and design aspects for Rotating Equipment service and repairs
o Broad knowledge of gas turbines models
o Extensive knowledge of steam turbines
o Widespread knowledge of process equipment from many different original equipment manufacturers
o Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
o Time management skills
o Physical ability to work in a shop and field environments
o Experienced in driven equipment repair such as generators, compressors, and pumps
o Experienced in alignments
o Experienced in troubleshooting the operation of the equipment
o Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Project
o Professional presentation, in manner, attitude, appearance, speech, and dependability, to the customer at all times.