Project Estimator (6952149)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The company is a well-established sprinkler design and installation contractor who is seeking a project estimator to help grow the business. Responsibilities include engineering, construction, design, proposals, cost estimating, etc.
This position is an immediate position that offers competitive pay and benefits! This is a very FAST moving opportunity. If you are interested, please send the updated word version of your resume with 2-3 professional references.
Located in Lincoln Park, NJ!
- Interest/Experience in estimating tasks such as proposal writing, preparation, bids, etc.
- Construction/Engineering background or knowledge (Sprinkler systems is a huge plus but not a hard requirement)
- Communication skills (A big part of this job is following up with people)
- Proposal Preparation
Additional Skills + Qualifications:
- Backgrounds that could work include: Engineering, Construction, Estimating, Sales, etc.
- Knowledge of building codes, sprinkler systems and materials such as pumps, hydraulics a plus
- Ability to put together price proposals, bid packages
- Communication skills and initiative
- Typing, preparing proposals (60-70% of the job); Individuals are estimating and putting bids together and this involves: Speaking to the customer, understanding of codes, hydraulics and pumps, dealing with the warehouse, laying out the system, pricing it up, figuring out the cost of materials, labor, and putting a bid package together
- Work with Drafter/Designer and managers in the office to understand the design, make changes in AutoCad themselves or quickly layout a drawing system for proposals
- Attend field/site meetings to understand how the construction/installation of sprinkler systems works within mechanical, electrical, plumbing and architectural engineering of building systems
- Send requests to GC's, Developers, clients and potential customers to gain access to their bid lists; Work with RFPs (Request for proposals) and utilize blue book of leads that are given to them to prepare proposals
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.