[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. (Jorgensen) is a world leader in maintenance management. For over 50 years Jorgensen has provided a diverse range of facility and highway infrastructure, consulting, maintenance and management services. Our professionals are in the forefront as facility managers, maintenance engineers, trainers, assets managers and solution providers. Our firm is focused on the operations and maintenance of transportation and public works infrastructure assets. Our maintenance operations are comprised of professional engineers, certified quality control inspectors, and experienced maintenance technicians with proficiency developing and executing highway infrastructure maintenance contracts throughout the United States. Our system approach to maintenance management is unparalleled in our industry. We know how to identify and implement innovative solutions for our client's toughest challenges.
Position Description: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is seeking a Project and Operations Manager in the Houston, TX area to communicate and coordinate with field staff to assure work is being completed on-time, on-budget, meeting quality standards and meets the expectations of the client. The Operations Manager will be based in Houston, TX, will report to the Project Manager, and will manage the field operations including all maintenance staff and subcontractors on the project.
- Minimum 5+ years prior operations, maintenance, and construction experience within transportation roadway, bridge, and/or facility assets
- Minimum 1+ years managerial experience
- Experience managing large workforce, vendors, subcontractors, equipment, and material resources
- Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Certifications
- OSHA and CPR certifications
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Clean driving record is essential
Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening
- Associates degree (AA) or construction related degree or minimum of (5) years related experience and have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the responsibilities
- Ability to comply with and execute the company safety, health, and environmental policy
- Ability to manage conflict resolution in a professional manner
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong HR skills and with genuine interest in the development and success of our employees
- Thorough knowledge of computer programs- Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint•Excellent verbal, phone, written, and communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people.
- At least 25% travel is required. Must be able to travel as directed by Regional Manager
- Knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
- Skill of effective negotiation
- Demonstrated effective leadership abilities
- Effective scheduling of multiple crews with support setting up travel arrangements
- Ability to manage budgets and financials
- Ability to carry out simple arithmetic functions
- Ability to Maintain proper safety equipment required for each job
- Ability to use smart phone and applications
- Ability to adjust to changing work schedule
- Ability to work safely both in-doors and outside under varying terrain and environmental weather conditions
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate hand/power tools
- Speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
- Self-motivated and managed
- Ability to adjust to changing work schedule
Schedule:Full time. Monday - Friday 7:30-4:00 pm. Must be flexible and able to respond to after-hour emergency call-back situations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with supervisors daily, verifying work is being done according to proper standards and specifications and following company safety policies and MOT plans.
- Be familiar with applicable standards and specifications, assisting and instructing crews on the proper method and techniques for completing various maintenance activities
- .Coordinate training and development of supervisors and field staff in area of work
- .Provide resources and support needed by supervisors including special equipment, tools or materials. Includes coordinating with the Project Manager on leasing equipment the most cost-effective way, ordering or stocking materials
- Strong, critical thinking skills & capable of anticipating organizational needs
- Ability to work effectively handling multiple projects and assisting multiple management levels
Total Compensation Package to include: Competitive base pay, annual profitability-based bonus, eligible for referral bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health, Vision, and Dental insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Spending Accounts, Critical Illness coverage, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employers and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V