[Driver] Class A Delivery Driver - Heavy Equipment
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Class A CDL Delivery Driver-Heavy Equipment
Our client is a well-established, respected, employee owned organization. As an employee owned company, they differentiate themselves from their competitors through their commitment to excellence on a daily basis. This commitment is demonstrated by the company’s continual investment in new technologies and ongoing infrastructure improvements, by their recognition in the industry as a market leader, and the daily actions of their employee owners. All of these elements combine to provide an increasing value to their customers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
• Maintains daily vehicle inspection reports by completing daily pre-trip inspections including tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, and water.
• Primary duty is to operate delivery equipment, but at times will be required to work in the warehouse and assist in facility maintenance as needed.
• Ability to read and follow all company policies and procedures.
• Follows proper loading procedures.
• Operates company delivery equipment in a timely and safe manner.
• Performs basic upkeep of equipment.
• Maintains daily mileage reports by completing daily trip reports.
• Maintains daily log book by documenting highways traveled and miles driven according to state and federal regulations.
• Collects payment for goods delivered to C.O.D. customers.
• Assists in other areas of operations when required.
• Operates computerized delivery system including data input on handheld monitors.
• Class A CDL –Preferred with Flat Bed Heavy Equipment experience. H & T endorsement are a plus
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or at least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Requires a minimum of 2 year of CDL Class A driving experience
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude and be professional. Strong customer service and communication skills required.